Since I've been trying to move away from health and nutrition podcasts (I'll talk about this in another blog post), my other interests have been capturing my attention. And when I say other interests (besides hot yoga and reading psychological thrillers), you know it has to be something related to beauty and fashion. After all, "beauty" is one of my core values.
I've enjoyed watching beauty trends on Facebook and Instagram, and it's been difficult not to buy ALL the cute summer dresses I've seen promoted on reels. Even more dangerous is the idea that I can buy a dress on Thursday to wear on a date night with William on a Friday or Saturday. And to add to the danger is the fact that I've stumbled across a website where I can buy these dresses for a fraction of the original cost (still, $10 over and over and over again still adds up.)
Some of the Amazon Dress Influencers who I've started to watch (and yes, this is indeed a category of it's own) have a regular feature where they show what the dress looked like on Amazon and what it looks like on them. So, I decided to do the same here, which gives each dress an additional purpose: date night AND blog content.
Welcome to the first edition of "Say Yes (?) to the Amazon Dress!"
Why I Bought It:
- The one-shoulder trend is in right now, and I think it's really cute.
- I love the color. My seasonal color is Light Summer, and this might be a tad too bright but I think it's perfect for the summer. Amazon calls the color "Floral Blue Light."
- I don't always go for a maxi dress, but the one-shoulder and cute print won me over.
- The cost was $40.99 but free next morning delivery.
- Date night: we walked to a local Italian restaurant.
- Work: I added a red cardigan.
- The blue color appears lighter in the Amazon photos.
- I think it's a flattering color on me.
- I like how it kind of "floats" when I walk in it.
- It would look good with flat sandals or heels.
- Pairs well with a red sweater for a Fourth of July look.
- I prefer a shorter dress or a longer dress with a more interesting hemline.
- The bodice fits a little awkwardly but maybe I'm just not used to this style.
- The fabric is 100% polyester and feels slippery.
- 💜💜💜 out of 💜💜💜💜💜