For work, it's easy to add heels and a sweater. Tip: for Zoom meetings, add a cardigan with a spaghetti strap dress so you don't create an illusion of bare skin!
A Dress Capsule Wardrobe?
I may do a post in the future on a summer capsule wardrobe built around dresses (most capsules don't do this because you can make more outfits if you have mixable tops and bottoms!)
Romper Versus Dress
For hanging out at home or going on an adventure, it's easy to pair a casual dress with sandals. So, where do rompers fit into the conversation?
- To me, a romper is the casual version of a short-er dress, with the added bonus that you don't need to worry about exposing too much if there's a gust of wind.
- I've worn this romper a couple of times this summer, once on a shopping trip to the local mall and recently on our trip to Old Town Temecula.
- It doesn't wrinkle, so it was easy to pack.
- Since the color palette fits with my summer wardrobe, I could easily add my pink sweater with it. (Although, it was so hot and humid in Temecula that I actually left the sweater in the car.)
- I like the color and the print.
- If you like pockets, this romper has them!
- The straps are adjustable.
- The back is cute.
- I think this romper was less than $10.
- I haven't tended to reach for this romper often. It feels to me like it fits into a weird space of being either too casual (I wouldn't wear it to work) or a little too dressy (I haven't ever worn it to just hang around outside and read a book.)
- This romper has a very similar look to this dress, especially when I pair it with the same white shoes and pink sweater. I probably didn't need to buy both of them.
- The dress is a little challenging to wear as there's a cut-out in the back and around the waistline. You don't see this when I add the sweater, which is great for work but not so perfect for just wearing around in general.
Did I say yes to this Amazon Romper?
Post a Comment