Welcome to the fall version of 50 Something Stories!
Even though the temperature is 91-92 all week, it still feels like fall to me. Or fall as I've experienced it while living in other states:
- I still feel like organizing my fall capsule wardrobe and including long sleeves, sweaters, and new jeans.
- I still feel like buying boots.
- I still feel like cuddling under a blanket while watching Hallmark movies about pumpkin bake-off contests.
- Planning my fall capsule wardrobe and wearing fall colors while waiting for fall fabrications to kick in. This year, I'm loving wine, red, green and navy.
- And yes, I've bought new jeans but haven't worn them yet. I also have my eye on booties and tall boots.
- Scheduling fall-like activities on the calendar such as going to the pumpkin patch and winery in October and planning our Halloween costumes.
- Really enjoying the 65 degree mornings by putting the propane heaters in the yoga dome on high for at least the beginning.
- Embracing fall colors via flowers, berries, and gorgeous orange sunsets.
- Cooking comfort foods in the crockpot, which doesn't heat up the kitchen.
I was talking to William the other day about how I feel like Fall is one of the opportunities during the year to make a new start. Probably because I strongly associate it with back to school. Since I grew up in a college town and have almost always lived or worked near a university, I think that the start of the fall quarter at UC San Diego inspires me to learn something new.